The weather is starting to cool off — are you ready for the rains?
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018, from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., Zone 7 is hosting a Flood Preparedness Open House, which includes participation from the cities of Pleasanton and Livermore; Alameda County; Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); and California Department of Water Resources (DWR).
- There are various displays and information about what you can do to be flood-prepared, along with what Zone 7 has done to prepare its regional flood-protection system.
- There will be a “Meet Your Watershed” table and even a short video on the history of the Valley and development of the watershed.
- Zone 7 staff will be on-hand to answer your questions.
- Attend a “Get to Know Your Flood Protection and Watershed” Tour.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided and there will be some activities for kids.
More information on Zone 7’s website: http://www.zone7water.com/
Pre-registration is welcome, but not required.