We need your help! Volunteers are needed to help with planting, monitoring, and maintaining our sites. Community workdays are fun and interesting ways to learn more about our streams while helping bring them to life. To see upcoming Living Arroyos volunteer events or to register visit the Living Arroyos Ticketleap. Event registration is opened 1-2 weeks ahead of each event.
All ages are welcome! Children under 12 must be accompanied with an adult.
Daily activity depends on season and weather. Types of activities include planting trees, controlling invasive species, watering new plants, and more!
Our volunteer days are typically scheduled for the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month, from October through April.
Past events this season:
- October 7, 2023 – cleanup at Stanley Reach in Livermore
- November 4, 2023 – cleanup at Arroyo del Valle in Pleasanton
- January 20, 2024 – cleanup at Medeiros Parkway in Livermore
- February 3, 2024 – cleanup at Heather Lane in Livermore
Upcoming events this season:
- March 2, 2024 – cleanup at Tassajara Creek in Dublin
- March 16, 2024 – activity and location tbd
- April 6, 2024 – activity and location tbd
- April 20, 2024 – Creek Cleanup Day with Dublin Pride
9 am – 12:00 pm
- Shirt/pants/shorts you don’t mind getting dirty
- Sturdy shoes
- Hat (in sunny weather)
- Water bottle
- Gardening gloves if you have them
***NOTE: For the time being, we ask that you please bring your own water, snacks and gloves. We will have disposable gloves available on site if needed.***
Every volunteer must have a signed waiver on file:
- If you’re under 18: please bring a release form filled out by a parent/guardian.
- If you are over 18: you will fill one out for yourself.
- Waivers and release forms are available on our website! –View or print waiver here.
- Waivers will also be available onsite.
NOTE: You only need to fill out a release form ONCE and you’re good for the year (Oct-Apr)!
- Disposable Gloves
Do you work for a business that believes in social responsibility? Are you a member of a community organization that enjoys giving time to important causes? Plan a volunteer day for your team! Volunteer workdays with Living Arroyos give groups the chance to give back to their community while they have fun, work together, and connect with one another. Workdays are excellent team building tools and promote positive morale among participants.
To make arrangements for your group or to schedule a weekday workday, contact us at email@example.com.
We are seeking help with several scientific studies we’re undertaking that will evaluate alternative planting and vegetation management techniques, track indicators of ecosystem health, and assess changes over time in how people are using streamside environments. We’re especially looking for expert birders, people with strong knowledge of native plants, and anyone with experience in field data collection. If you’d like to be involved, email us with a brief description of your background and interests!
All state and local requirements pertaining to COVID-19 will be followed. If you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, think you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or have a pending COVID-19 test, we ask that you refrain from attending the event. All activities will be held outdoors. Staff will have hand sanitizer available and will structure the event to encourage adequate spacing, but consider bringing/wearing a mask for times where there may be close contact with others who may not be fully vaccinated.